Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Question Celestial Pearl Danio (CPD) tank zone?

Does anyone know what zone celestial pearl danios stay in? I got some zebra danios to help take some of my red tailed shark's focus off of my gold gourami (basically like dither fish but not used for a cichlid tank).

it has helped but they often times stay by the surface so I am looking for another fish or schooling fish that is a mid to bottom dweller and is fast enough to handle the red tailed shark. so species suggestions are welcome.

one other thing is that our water comes out of the faucet very basic so soft, acidic water fish will not work.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi there,
CPDs are pretty small and would definitely become snacks for a shark, and would be out competed for food by the zebra danios.

Also while they are called "danios" they are really a lot more like Rasboras, not as hyper active as the zebra danios!
In your setup I would not recommend them....
FWIW, They do like hard water though.

They usually are in the middle to upper areas.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

I will concur with the above post regarding the CPDs. They are considered nano fish due to their size. They are shy and are not active swimmers like the typical danios. And they are not cheap: I've seen they go for $3-7 a piece. Expensive snack for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
celestial pearl danio, cpd, danio, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com