Center brace?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BillD said:
If you can get the bottom trim off, you can swap with the top. The bottom trim doesn't need the centre brace.

JMO, I would think that one necessary also. There is typically a lot of weight on the bottom glass. On my tanks that have them they come in contact with the stands they are on helping to keep it from failing from the weight. Might be wrong though.

Thanks everyone! I've desired to scrap it I'm going to pick up a 55 with everything but fish and substrate for $120

I've been wanting a bigger tank, and I don't want to take a chance on it flying apart as soon as I have it the way I want it

Why not, as you said, just DIY a brace for it? Would be simple, one strip of appropriately sized plastic (Lowes, HD, etc) and some epoxy. Done and done. It doesn't have to be hardcore, just something simple.

BillD said:
If you can get the bottom trim off, you can swap with the top. The bottom trim doesn't need the centre brace.

Let's not forget that manufactures do EVERYTHING to cut cost. Its there for a reason. I would use this as an excuse to bump up to the 55 as well.

Here's my 55 I'm proud of it! I've only been in the hobby "I see them as my pets lol" for about a year and am hooked!

ForumRunner_20120321_182645.jpg

Bobby56 said:
Here's my 55 I'm proud of it! I've only been in the hobby "I see them as my pets lol" for about a year and am hooked!

Good looking tank. What kind of substrate did you use and why odd the water level so low?

Thanks! Black diamond blasting sand and I just hadn't filled it all the way to the top, which I did today when I did my water change

Back
Top Bottom