Centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can a platy be considered a centerpiece fish? I have 3 mollies a platy 4 Kuhli loaches a dojo loach and some corydoras cats and I can't decide if I want to get a new addition to be the centerpiece or up the mollies and make the platy a centerpiece

Sent from peliper

A centerpiece fish can really just be any fish that you think is interesting and draws attention to itself.

Can a platy be considered a centerpiece fish? I have 3 mollies a platy 4 Kuhli loaches a dojo loach and some corydoras cats and I can't decide if I want to get a new addition to be the centerpiece or up the mollies and make the platy a centerpiece

Sent from peliper
i kind of confused what you mean by make the platy the center piece? You don't need a designated "centerpiece" just get fish you like and are compatible.

1. What size tank do you have?

My dojo has always been the star of my tank because he is always so active. They also get to be 10 inches so I would say that's a "centerpiece".

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have a 20g and right now my dojo is at about 4 1/2in to 5in. I'm also upgrading the tank as I need room so by the time he gets to his max size I'm hoping to have a 55g tank.

Sent from peliper

I have a 20g and right now my dojo is at about 4 1/2in to 5in. I'm also upgrading the tank as I need room so by the time he gets to his max size I'm hoping to have a 55g tank.

Sent from peliper

Yes I would definitely look towards an upgrade. Loaches need lots of footprint for swimming space along the bottom. I used to keep my dojo in a 45g. I got a 75g and I can already tell he loves all the extra swimming room because they are very active swimmers.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

IMO you are pretty stocked as is right now. I would wait till you upgrade the tank to get more fish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's actually surprising how fast they grow. I got her a couple of months ago when I didn't know what she was. She was so small I originally had her in a 2.5 for a month then a 5 for a month and a half then a 10 for about two to three months now a 20 for about a month already soon a 55 and hopefully she lives to see something over 100g.

Sent from peliper

It's actually surprising how fast they grow. I got her a couple of months ago when I didn't know what she was. She was so small I originally had her in a 2.5 for a month then a 5 for a month and a half then a 10 for about two to three months now a 20 for about a month already soon a 55 and hopefully she lives to see something over 100g.

Sent from peliper

Mine grew from 2 inches to 5 inches in 3 months :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

One thing I've been thinking of was moving my corydoras to my 10g with my beta and Otto because now there's no bottom feeders in that tank and the loaches in the 20g. Can a 10g keep 6 corydoras and be fine or will it require more water changes

Sent from peliper

One thing I've been thinking of was moving my corydoras to my 10g with my beta and Otto because now there's no bottom feeders in that tank and the loaches in the 20g. Can a 10g keep 6 corydoras and be fine or will it require more water changes

Sent from peliper

I have heard of corydoras working with a Betta but it's really luck. Bettas are very territorial.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom