Challenge: Sort these tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok this was posted on another forum... how would you sort out these tanks :?

75(overloaded right now, I know ...luckily most are not full grown)
6 congo tetras(2f/4m)...i LOVE these tetras...well...the males anyways!
4 new guinea red rainbowfish(4m)...don't like that the dominant male is really the only colored up one(they did look a wee bit better in the 45)
2 neon dwarf rainbowfish(2m)...I wouldn't mind more of these, they are very cool.
5 long finned blue danios...nice darty fish, but don't show up very much here, but more than they did in the 45
3 platys(2f/1m)...plus a bunch o lil babies =)
3 variatus(1f/2m)...and a couple of babes
1 rainbow shark...chases things once in a while
1 zebra loach...very cool and pretty peaceful
1 mossy tiger barb(survived from a canister failure and surprisingly, doesn't seem to bother anybody)
1 spotted raphael catfish
1 striped raphael catfish...both kinds are very coool looking
1 flying fox(had a brain fart, meant to buy a SAE)
3 Corydoras melanistius(i believe)
3 bronze corys
3 unknown corys(they look alot like julii, but the top fin is edged in black? any ideas?)

45t
5 dime to silver dollar sized angelfish(would like 2 maaaybe 3 more)
5 cherry barbs(m)...nice, peaceful, eat algae, and show up nice against the green/black gravel
1 banjo catfish...doesnt do much, but he sure looks awesome
2 upsidedown catfish
1 small parrot cichlid in isolation after I found my koi with its forehead beat up(i can only assume it was him...i know, i know. I shouldn't have gotten it, but I was hoping he would be ok until he grew up a lil bit and I had boughten another larger tank.)

20h(stepdaughter's tank)
1 baby marble angelfish
3 male guppies
1 female cambodian betta
1 neon tetra...poor thing
1 ghost shrimp

20l(son's tank)...I want super colorful ones in here
1 unknown smaller cory...looks alot like melanistius, but his entire top fin is black?...would feel better if he had a friend or two
3 dwarf sunset platys...so lil and cute!
1 sunset honey gourami...beautiful
2 von rio tetras(m)...really liked in my 75, but look very dull in this tank with black gravel
1 male yellow betta
6 ghost shrimp
the op is looking for help but the forum members there are mostly African Cichlid keepers/breeders and i am not familiar with 1/2 the fish and there needs... :? if you give me what you would do i will pass on the help :D

thanks

here is the original thread if it interest anyone...
http://www.minnfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4252

if it was me i would start over from scratch on all the tanks

That may be the best advice ever. Where would you start? I wonder why he wants to change things if they are all getting along. If they are not I'd say just to remove the offending fish to their own tank or the lfs.

"Lack of focus..." That is an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom