chameleon betta!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willowthepoet

Aquarium Advice Activist
i know that fish can change colours... but i never saw it happen this fast!

i've kept my betta in a little 1gal tank (no lectures please) for over a year now, but this morning i put him in my new 10 gal and... wow! he went from all a dark, beautiful blue... to nearly all red/green in about 2 hours!

i thought he was beautiful as blue, so i'm a little disappointed in the change... and worried at how fast it happened. could this be stress?

i know stress makes fish get lighter, but he changed completely to a different colour.

i'm confused.

It may be stress and he may change his colors back. Keep an eye on him it may be some weird natural occurance. One question, is the new 10gal cycled?

yes it is cycled.

he's changed before, but never like this. when i put the female next to him, he got lighter and acted weird... staying in the farthest corner from her tank... really funny actually. but i moved them apart to not stress them too much. it took months for him to get dark again, and i'm really disappointed that he's different yet again.

could it be that the new tank has more water circulation? i turned down the filter pretty low, but i'll turn it down some more. he had a ugf before, so he's not used to the hob... i don't know.

Try that for starters, some bettas do not appreciate current. Hopefully he will go back to his beautiful blue soon.

my betaa will be swimming through the tank and get blown to the side by the bubble tube or filter and will freak out, then he swims to the front of the tank if i'm there and stares at me like he's plotting agianst me lol

haha, well the theory about the current just went out the window. i came home today and found him playing in it! he repeatedly swam up the to side of the filter output, got blown away by it, did a lap around that side of the tank, and then went back under.

it wasn't a mistake beacuse i watched him do it 3 times.

what a crazy fish.

i must raise them to be crazy... my chinchilla will repeatedly flip over his plastic house, whine at the side of the cage until i put it back the right way, then flip it over again 5 seconds later. and the dogs with the tail chasing. i just have a house full of crazies.

Back
Top Bottom