Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Chances of my fry survivng?

Ok so my platy gave birth two days ago and she ate most of her fry and I was really sad but I looked into this cave and there was one tiny one left that was staring at me so I named him Nemo lol. Anyway yesterday I looked at Nemo's cave and he was gone so I was kind of sad but whatever but this morning Nemo was back! Then he disappeared again and he was back a few hours later and now he's gone again. I don't know where else he could be besides in a fish's stomach maybe he switches between two hiding spots but anyway how will he eat? Should I shove a fish flake into his cave? I heard he gets tiny particles of food from the water... is that true?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's quite well planted then I would say it probably will survive . They will feed off the food from the bottom or they might feed from flake you put in the tank.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Or you can also crush alittle (and I mean alittle) flake food up into an almost powder (not actual powder but ultra fine flakes) and swirl some in the water column around the place or places you think its hiding.

Tags
fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com