Change of scenery?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoagie777

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to do away with my current setup of Walmart gravel and random decor. What's the easiest way to change everything out with fish-in?

Get a separate holding tank for the fish. It would be extremely stressful to do a change of that extent with fish in.

Koikid88 said:
Get a separate holding tank for the fish. It would be extremely stressful to do a change of that extent with fish in.

I changed my entire layout including replanting and scaping the gravel and decor.

My fish just stayed in one corner of the tank away from my hands, I drained around 70% of the water so there wasn't too much extra water movement pushing em around.

As soon as I finished they swam round like crazy investigating the new home, not stressed at all.

I also put them in a holding tank. Stress, falling decorations, spikes in the water parameters, just figure its safer to take them out. Get a bucket they will be comfortable in, maybe a couple, and fill it with tank water, and try to get your filter on the bucket, also the heater so they dont get hot/cold. I have a 30 g rubbermaid that my HOB filter can fit on its nice. Then get rid of everythink you dont want and put the new stuff in, fill the tank back up with water and put the filter and heater back in for maybe 2 hours, then put the fish back in.

The fish are fine in the tank, dont worry anout stress just be very calm when you move things around dont move too fast and you shold be good i changed my tank around last night :)

Attachments

• image-786984094.jpg
    image-786984094.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom