Change over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems like a pain. Have to put down couple layers for roots then sand. The only reason I considered it was for the Cory's. I want them to be comfortable and not wear down barbels

Seems like a pain. Have to put down couple layers for roots then sand. The only reason I considered it was for the Cory's. I want them to be comfortable and not wear down barbels

Sorry it's early, couple layers of what? Are you talking about a plant substrate layer then sand layer? You don't have to do layers, only my 20g has a plant substrate capped with sand, my 55g only has sand and I really don't notice a difference in growth

Yes I was thinking a couple layers of plant substrate. Then Add sand on top of it. But like I said before the only reason I was thinking about it Was to protect the Coreys Barbels but they seem to be better now that I have done alot of water changes to lower nitrates
I will just keep an eye on them to make sure they are okay the next sign of distress I will hundred percent consider changing over To sand it's easier to replace plants then Cory because I love them

Yes I was thinking a couple layers of plant substrate. Then Add sand on top of it. But like I said before the only reason I was thinking about it Was to protect the Coreys Barbels but they seem to be better now that I have done alot of water changes to lower nitrates
I will just keep an eye on them to make sure they are okay the next sign of distress I will hundred percent consider changing over To sand it's easier to replace plants then Cory because I love them

Glad to hear your Cory's are getting better and I totally agree that fish are harder to replace, and its crueler haha, but really you wouldn't be replacing plants haha.

Back
Top Bottom