Changed my stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is what I want
1 male betta
6-8 harlequin rasborias
2 german rams (male and female)
2-3 adf
2 amano shrimp
....and I was wondering if I could do orange laser corys and how many...the tank is a 40g hex

I have heard mixed reviews about bettas with shrimp. Some people say the bettas eat shrimp. I have no experience with it though. Other than than, I personally think your list looks ok. Although, I have never tried a betta with rams...

I'm not sure, it sounds like a hit-miss stocking list. Lots of people have had success with bettas and amanos. IME my female betta imbellis and my three GBRs get along fine.

I have a betta with 6 ghost shrimp... He likes to chase them alot but I don't know about eating them... They are pretty big and fast... They hide alot so IMO it's kind of hard to really judge whether shrimp are being eaten or not.

My daughter has amano shrimp in with her betta, he just ignores them, he's more interested in the snail lol.

drop the betta and up the amano shrimp to 6-10. if you really want a center piece then look into getting a Groumie of some sort ( perferably dwarf )

The problem with hex tanks is that while there's more height there's less length, so IDK if your cories will have enough of a bottom to live on...could you give us a pic of what it looks like? If it's wide enough then you could add some cories.

alLexX said:
its a pretty high tank,and there not the best swimmers,so even though its not filled all the way they will have trouble getting air,and they will be outcompeted for food

The tank is at 18"and everyone I've talked to says as long as its under 20" I should be ok...and I have I worm cup that u put I've worms in sink it to the bottom and the worms come out of little holes...with the extra work u still think I shouldn't

The tank is at 18"and everyone I've talked to says as long as its under 20" I should be ok...and I have I worm cup that u put I've worms in sink it to the bottom and the worms come out of little holes...with the extra work u still think I shouldn't
even though the tank is short enough,i still say bad idea. they will have a hard time getting food.

alLexX said:
probably. when i had mine,they took like 15 minutes to realize food was in the tank,in a community tank the food would be long gone by then

Yeah completely agree that's why I was looking into the worm feeder and also the one ledge on the top right is like an inch under water maybe less and was thinking of trying to train them to come up there to eat cause fish can't get up there

Yeah completely agree that's why I was looking into the worm feeder and also the one ledge on the top right is like an inch under water maybe less and was thinking of trying to train them to come up there to eat cause fish can't get up there
it might work,but unless you have another tank your willing to turn into an ADF tank,i wouldnt risk it

Back
Top Bottom