Changing from rocks to sand .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have a black rocks giving my tank a Earth natural look. However after keeping for a while it starting to just look to dark. I mean yeah it looks natural but I want people to enjoy looking at them too. So I was thinking about moving to Sand. In this tank I have a Parrot and some dinosaur eels. Would changing things up stress out there fish or would they be ok with a big change that like that ?

When i did it, I took the fish out and put them in a tub with a bubbler. turn the filters off. Take out all the gravel. Makes a hell of a mess but the water will clear up. once the gravel is out, pour the sand in and level it to where you want it. Let it settle for about 15 mins. Turn the filters back on and clean the filter pads every 20 mins or so until the water is clear. Put your fish back in and they will be fine.

What if you used a lighter colored orange red and white river pebbles they give the aquarium a nice natural look but make it look nice and bright I did that with my tank but I used sand before that i thought it was kind of annoying to maintain

Right now I have a black rocks giving my tank a Earth natural look. However after keeping for a while it starting to just look to dark. I mean yeah it looks natural but I want people to enjoy looking at them too. So I was thinking about moving to Sand. In this tank I have a Parrot and some dinosaur eels. Would changing things up stress out there fish or would they be ok with a big change that like that ?
They will do just fine with the change.

Back
Top Bottom