Changing gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went and got caribsea super naturals real fine gravel to replace my river rock pebbles lol, I was told my tank will not cycle but I'm worried sick it will, I was going to try to do 50% one week 50% 2 weeks later but there's no way i could have , my lfs said it shouldn't as I have 2 AC 110's but to be safe add Seachem stress zyme + at double dose so how much would i add after I do my pwc for this week its a 55 gallon? kinda in a hurry I know everyone's busy but please give me some advice so my tank doesn't cycle and if it does what do I do? how much stress zyme(liquid bacteria) to add please and ty. My tank has the new gravel in it just waiting for it to clear up so I can spread it out then it's time for my pwc.

I'll be posting a video shortly, I think my tank is way over crowded now gonna have to rearrange things after it clears up from All the bacteria I put in it which my lfs which is highly rated said to put 50 ml of stress zyme +, the type of plant I lost the card to is Sagittaria subulata, long grassy plant, so please watch this video tell me constructively what you would rearrange to make it look nicer instead of so crowded also please let me know if the cloudiness is from the bacteria as my lfs said it would do that, they said not to over feed for the next couple weeks maybe 4x a week or small feedings once a day, they also said if it cycles it won't be major just do water changes if I see spikes in ammonia /nitrite, also told me if it does cycle because I was so worried and i have a death they will give me a replacement fish(s)

I can't believe your clowns haven't gobbled up your snail.
They do when the lights go off lol, I just checked water parameters, Ammonia 0/nitrite0/nitrate 20/ph 7.4 so I can at least relax for right now about it hopefully not cycling

Waiting for my next snail outbreak as I got 4 more plants today lol I'm sure they had eggs on them

So far so good no cycle crash been almost 3 days
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 7.5-7.6 (would like it to be down a little bit but it's not alarming)
And finally got my nitrates to 20-25

20170205_072318.jpg20170205_072254.jpg

Back
Top Bottom