changing to sand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh I woke up and my penguin had stopped, and was making a loud buzzing noice.. what's the cause? There is no sand being kicked up, tank had been cycled prior to this, never had this problem before.. :(

I will try that.. ugh I tell ya what, I fell like when one thing goes well in an aquarium, there's 5 things waiting to go wrong lol! But that's ok, I'm totally prpared for daily water changes or whatever I gota do to help my fisheys :)

Yeah, that's the way it goes. LOL. Stopped filter for a few hours isn't going to nuke your bio filtration. Just get it working as soon as possible and monitor water quality and you should be ok.

hippy guy said:
I will try that.. ugh I tell ya what, I fell like when one thing goes well in an aquarium, there's 5 things waiting to go wrong lol! But that's ok, I'm totally prpared for daily water changes or whatever I gota do to help my fisheys :)

Wait did you keep the media wet? Because hob's drain when off..

Ok so its working again, and now its quieter, so I must have dome somthing right, perhaps a grain of sand was wedged in there or somthing who knows.. the one thing I really like is the fact that this filter slowly seems to suck up anything that sits on the bottom for too long (like poop and such)hopefully that will help with the whole situation.
Also, will a bubble wall under a filter intake mess with the filter (bubbles getting sucked into the filter)

As I was writing this my filter stoped again.. id made a bussing noice, like somthing was causing friction, and then stop pumping water... I picked it up and set it back down (the filter intake/motor setup) and it started right back up...
What's going on?!?! If it does this at night again I'm afraid ill burn up my new $30 filter :(

Hmm well sorry were way off topic here, but I called the company, she recommended that I either put black pantyhose around the filter intake, or put foan in the intake strainer (which I did, as I had old biomedia sponge, from long ago) hasn't slowed water, won't get sucked into the impeller, and I believe the problem was caused by sand, a tiny grain or so...lame haha

Back
Top Bottom