Check my stock list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cee219

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is probably the last thing people need to clog up the forum :p, but if someone could check my stock list - that'd be great. Also, if you could tell me whether or not you think I'm over stocked, I think I'd like to have more swordtails maybe but I think I'm pushing the limits.

The aquarium is 55 gallons. They are in order I plan on adding them.

7 Zebra Danios
3 Swordtails (1 M, 2 F)
6 Corys (Juliis probably)
1 Bristlenose Pleco
8 Tiger Barbs

Since Tiger Barbs are kind of messy, should I try to add them in slowly or just put in all eight? I like to do things very slowly, but I know if they are in a small school they'll get nippy.

its a bit overstocked but as long as you keep up on pwc's and maintenance it should be ok

i do like the list but IMO i would get rid of the swordtails but it seems you like them the most! :D but it looks pretty good

i love tiger barbs so i would take out the zebra danios and add a few more tiger barbs..lol

You do not seem overstocked to me. I think you made a great selection with fish that will inhabit top, bottom, and middle levels of the water. If I were you, I would add all the barbs at once, but I have had no experience with them.

HTH

its a bit overstocked but as long as you keep up on pwc's and maintenance it should be ok
I usually did about a 15% each week when I had this tank set up earlier (Only 5 Zebras..sadly they didn't survive when I moved despite my best efforts :(. I even bought a transition aquarium. You have to really suck to kill danios) So I'll probably continue that pattern.
You do not seem overstocked to me. I think you made a great selection with fish that will inhabit top, bottom, and middle levels of the water.
I'm glad someone noticed :) I really wanted it to balance. Thanks
i love tiger barbs so i would take out the zebra danios and add a few more tiger barbs..lol
:D I love them too, I tried to tailor the tank to them without making it a complete species tank. I wanted Angels pretty badly, but I think they will make up for it :wink:
list looks great. i would add all the barbs a once. otherwize the'll nip fins
Okay, that seems to be the general verdict. Thanks

Oh, and I see in your profile mr86mister you are thinking of getting Dwarf Puffers...they are a blast! I've taken care of my friends for awhile and plan on getting some once the big tank is stocked and done. They are so cute and smart, a bit tricky to feed however.

Back
Top Bottom