Cheesy Question Re: Finding Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ciano

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got tank, rekord 120(litres). Cycle is finished and just have 10 neons so far. My little cousin loves Finding Nemo. Is there a similar fish that i can put in my tank? It's at about 26 degrees and fresh water obviously.

About the most similar thing that comes to mind and is readily available are tiger barbs and clown loaches.

You could probably do a small school of tiger barbs, but it'd be a pretty tight space for clown loaches, and they really deserve to be in a group. They grow 8+ inches easily if they live a long healthy life.

Do not get clown-loaches. They get huge and won't fit on your tank once they grow.

My favorite fresh water fish that looks like saltwater fish is the dwarf puffer fish. So darn CUTE!
They kinda look like a ballon with eyes and kissing lips. The problem is that they wouldn't go with the fish you already have, as the puffer fish are agressive and best kept within themselves...

As the ferret said tiger barbs are also a good candidate (they don't look anything like nemo but are nice fish), they are wonderful fish that aren't shy at all, but note on the tiger barbs you should get a group of 6 to 8 because otherwise they will chase your other fish to exhaustion...

Back
Top Bottom