Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
That looks to me like your angels have been fighting
Last post got buried by your newest post so I will leave this in quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly5978 View Post
I saw something a while back on another thread, where am angel looked like it had HLLE, and it ended up being diagnosed a bacteria infection. Is this possibly bacterial? Should I just keep hoping water changes help? The "pits" look more like a clear patch from the side. They are definitely not raised. I just don't understand why they keep having issues when I don't change anything.
It looks like your angel has minor fin damage which is most likely caused from the other angel attacking it. It would also explain why the scales appear to be missing. Angels are fairly territorial towards other angels and this happens quite commonly.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly5978 View Post
Ok. I trust your opinion! I'll stop freaking. Do you have any advise? I hate seeing them this way...but I hate to re-house them! I NEVER see them fight! The 2 with problems are the aggressors. They both go after the smaller 2. Never each other! Man....if I find out its the Bolivian ram, I'm gonna tear this tank apart to catch him! He would have already been re-homed for picking on the blue rams (now divided off), but I can't catch him!!!!
Not really. Cichlids fight with each other and that's just how they are. Rescaping the tank can help things but it's not a guarantee.

A good friend of mine has a pair of angels in a tank with various barbs and danios. The angels will attack each other (fairly viciously) occasionally with the barbs poking and prodding the much much larger angels until they get pissed off and chase them all over the tank. It's common for them to get cuts in their tails and occasionally a scale will get damaged but it's never developed into anything serious. It's all part of having semi aggressive fish. You never know, the angels probably duke it out when the lights go off.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I choose to believe the 2 blacks are pairing, cause they do poke everyone but each other...and dang it...I just want em to! Lol. I will blame the barb and ram, but do nothing about it for now. Thx for keeping me grounded! This aggressive fish thing is hard. But they're the type I love...so...goodnight and thx !
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My friends angels are best buds too except when they get on each others nerves and then the gloves come off. It's a really showy fight between the angels that ends as soon as it starts and they go back to being friends. It was quite amusing to watch.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You suck! Lol. I want them to make love, not war! But, as always...I'm sure you're right! I'm listening to you!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
That looks to me like your angels have been fighting
That's what it looks like to me too!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm sure you're both right! Well, then I'll hold out hope it's part of a pairing ritual . Or...at least hope they don't REALLY hurt each other. I guess my Job as aggressive fish owner is to just watch and make sure nobody gets a secondary infection. This so much all!

Tags
angel, angelfish, chemi, chemistry, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com