Cherry Barbs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure if this is how they breed, but the last 2 days some of the barbs have been going into the java moss on my driftwood and look to be wrestling and twisting around with each other, usually it's 2 males and a female. They will do it for 5-10 seconds, then the female will dart out with the males behind her. Sometimes there would be 4 in there too. Is this a normal breeding routine?

Yep. That's it. If you look in your moss you should have eggs. 1-2mm in size if they're like my Tigers. They scatter the eggs in there, and the eggs stick to the first thing they touch.

They will eat the eggs if you don't separate them.

I have a pair of barbs right now.... the male constantly is following the female... hmm,... looks like they just did a bit of flipping and what not. Guess I'll have to keep a look out. But what if cant see the back of the driftwood? Since that was where the female was last night for a few minutes?

I didn't see any eggs though. Kind of hard to look through java moss and this bowfront tank. We'll see what happens. The males are a deep red.

Back
Top Bottom