cherry red shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think so since their waste output is way less than a regular fish. I've heard of people keeping 20 of those things in a 2.5g tank.

i don't think they do. i think they have such a small bioload you could probably have twice as many shrimp as fish. but i'm not sure. i've been trying to get a population in my planted community tank for a while now but i think i only have 2 in there now. that's all i ever see out and about.

I don't really count bioload from shrimp. I'm sure there is some, but it's so small it probably doesn't matter, especially if you're keeping them in a planted tank. I've had hundreds in a 20g before with no issues.

The bioload of a shrimp is MUCH less than that of a fish. It's important to keep in mind that the 1" per gallon "rule" is based on slim bodied fish like zebra danios. Since shrimp are quite a bit slimmer they don't impact the bioload nearly as much as a slim bodied fish would. You can easily get upto 100-200 Cherry Red Shrimp (all ages) in a 10 gallon aquarium. Generally at least 1/4 - 1/3 of these will be adult shrimp that would be close to 1".

Back
Top Bottom