Cherry shrimp or any other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The flying foxes (assuming they aren't the "siamese" type, SAE's) will end up getting somewhat large, and more aggressive once they mature. This might end up being a problem, but I'm assuming they're small right now.

Nice talking to you today. :)

You know my vote is for Amanos, but just so you know, they will not pick on your mystery snails. All the amanos I have ever kept really just do their own thing.

I would avoid crayfish. They'll rip your plants to shreds and probably eat your fish. I would also avoid bamboo shrimp as part of a clean up crew, as they are strictly filter feeders and aren't going to touch your java moss.

You know my vote is for Amanos, but just so you know, they will not pick on your mystery snails. All the amanos I have ever kept really just do their own thing.

I would avoid crayfish. They'll rip your plants to shreds and probably eat your fish. I would also avoid bamboo shrimp as part of a clean up crew, as they are strictly filter feeders and aren't going to touch your java moss.

Bamboo shrimp are probably my favorite shrimp, but I haven't had much luck with them. The longest I've had one survive was 6 months, and most died within a few weeks, and this was a medium planted tank set up for a few years. They are also somewhat hard to find, but they usually hang out around the filter return on the intake tube or on a taller plant. Petco was the only one who stocked them around me, so that might have been the problem...

severum mama said:

Nice talking to u and I think I'm going to go with those thanks for the help (aes to clarify)

Bamboo shrimp are probably my favorite shrimp, but I haven't had much luck with them. The longest I've had one survive was 6 months, and most died within a few weeks, and this was a medium planted tank set up for a few years. They are also somewhat hard to find, but they usually hang out around the filter return on the intake tube or on a taller plant. Petco was the only one who stocked them around me, so that might have been the problem...

Yes the bamboo shrimp are just a cool filter feeder. An interesting invert to add some diversity to the tank when you don't trust your fish with smaller shrimp.

They should be added to well estabslihed tanks and can be prone to death from starvation. If they are seen picking at the substrate or decor with their fans, this indicates they are not able to filter enough food from the water, as they are not designed to eat this way. I keep two (they do best in pairs or more) in a 20 gallon and they need occasional supplementation with fry food, which they can filter from the water.

Also they should not be so hard to find because just this month, I believe it was, bans on them were lifted that prevented the sale of them in many places.

So I have my moss wall in and there is space behind it if I go with amanos shrimp they can't get behind it I know rcs might get eating by my fish but would they have a chance having that space behind the wall

Yes. And unlike the amanos they will reproduce so, hopefully they can keep their numbers up. Because they are such prolific breeders, I've had the best success with them in communities.

Back
Top Bottom