Chinese Algea Eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have done a little research on the chinese algea eaters and it seems they are aggressive. Does anyone have any experience with them? I have a 29g and a 55g tank with gouramis, rainbows and angelfish. Because they are flat I'm concerned. Advice and recommendations please.:nono::fish1:

Hey there and welcome to AA! I have had problems with the CAE and angelfish. Came home one day and found 2 of them finishing off my golden veiltail. I wasn't sure if it had died and they were capitalizing, but later I watched them try to attach to one of my other angels and they were out of there! I don't think the rainbows would hold still long enough to get hurt, but gouramis and angelfish might. Also, I had the CAE in there for several months with no problem but once they started getting a little bigger, they got a lot more aggressive. Good luck and sorry for the essay!

Came home one day and found 2 of them finishing off my golden veiltail. I wasn't sure if it had died and they were capitalizing.....

Same here. I lost both of my marble veiltail angels and the CAE was on both of them each time. Mine has killed numerous fish and attacks my poor Cory relentlessly. They also get to a foot long so you need to rehome yours ASAP.

Sounds like this is not the fish for me. My angels are small and of course slow moving. I even baby them to make sure they get enough to eat and sure don't want them to be eaten. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom