chlorine remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can someone tell me how long it takes for chlorine remover to work...I use well water so dont normally use it, but I wanted to bleach some plastic items and am not sure how long it takes to remove the residual chlorine after rinsing.
Thanks.

I soaked a bucket of plastic plants and decor over night with water and a capful of bleach.

Rinse with hot water the following day and soaked with water and dechlorinator again overnight as an added percaution.

But from what the bottles say, it should remove chlorine on contact. But I never believe what I read. I would soak it in a bucket over night in dechlorinator to make sure. Better safe then sorry. That's what I think.

I rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse with hot water then soak overnight in dechlorinated water with twice the recommended dosage of Prime.

I agree with the others also.

Chlorine removers are supposed to work instantly in tap water - getting water ready for a water change. But if I have soaked something in a bleach solution, I rinse a lot, and soak overnight with a triple dose of dechlor in the bucket. Sometimes I add a few more drops of dechlorinator (Amquel). Rinse/soak until you can no longer smell any bleach. Two overnight soaks with dechlor are all I have needed.

i rinsed well, put it all in a bucket with ALOT of dechlor and it got an hour soaking. (you guys werent quick enough) ;)

I smelled no chlorine and the soaking in bleach water was only done for an hour or so. Most of the work was done with a scrubbrush. Hopefully all will be well.

Back
Top Bottom