Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Choices

I currently have a 25 litre tank with 2 weather loaches, a goldfish, a black moors and a telescopic fish. I will be moving them to a 65 litre tank sometime this week. I plan to turn my 25 litre tank into a small tropical tank.

My question is, for a 25 litre tank what small tropical fish do you suggest I get and how many?

Much Thanks!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I hate to tell you this but a 65 liter tank (roughly 18 gallons) isn't big enough for one fancy goldfish much less 3. I've kept goldies and they are large, dirty fish that produce copious amounts of waste. They may be small now but they can grow a lot in the first year. You would do yourself and the fish a big favor by finding them a home with a proper sized tank which IMO would be about a 50 gallon for the 3.

As for the 25 liter (6.6 gallons) the only thing that would work in it would be some little nano fish such as Scarlet Badis, Clown Killifish, Ember Tetra's, Chili Rasbora's, just to name a few. Or you could do a shrimp tank.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com