Cichlid Compatibility Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishLover14

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I Have a 40Long Tank- (Same demensions as a 55gal only shallower).

I have 4 Yelllow BullHead Catfish in it and as of yesterday I now have 2 OB Zebras and 2 what the seller claimed to be Red Top Zebras. They dont have a Red Dorsal Fin though so I am wondering what they are really anyone every kept Red Top Zebras, all the cichlids are 3-4 1/2 inches long. Does this sound like a compatible setup, or would the addtion of more cichlids to the tank make it a better setup. I will try to post some picccys tonight if the computer isnt acting up.

One last question one of the red top zebras has like a little round bubble that is clear, not white on its side it is only one though, and being shipped in an ice cream bucket over rough roads can jostle them. It isnt ich but i was wondering is it some sort of fungus or parastie or a spot or what.

TIA.

Thanks.

Sorry about my grammar.

why do you think it isn't ich??? It could very well be... the first time i had ich on some tetra's i thought they just had a bubble or two stuck to their skin.. then it was tons of bubbles.. lol. might wanna raise the temps just in case.

I agree it certainly can't hurt to raise the temps to be on the safe side. Ich can take off like a shot. Does your REd Top Zebra's look like This ?

It is oblong and only slightly raised from the skin and you have to have the light just right to see it, I can dose with some ich meds just in case but I have seen ioch before and this isnt it. Not at all, He is much darker and his fins dont have any yellow/orange/red colration on them.

Thanks.

noooo don't dose with ich meds... i mean they have antibacterial which may help, but raising your temps is sooo much easier. It just has to be around 86 to cure ich. If you think it might be an ulcer or something you could add some melafix as a mild antibacterial.

If you get a chance post pics of what they called a red top zebra as I suspet this is a mislabelled fish.

Back
Top Bottom