cichlid stocking list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anybody have some good stocking list for a 75 gallon aquarium. I want some colorful cichlids that are in the easy to moderate range of care. I was researching some cichlids and it was making my head hurt trying to figure out which cichlids were compatible.

red zebras, yellow labs, acei just to name a few. Those are the tamer of the mbuna. I have bumblebees, kenyi, and auratus in with mine in my 150g, but to get a good ratio of males to females, you need to stick with 2, maybe 3 species

Quite a bit of dwarf mbuna to choose from.

Iodotropheus Sprengerae (Rusty)
Pseudotropheus polit
Pseudotropheus Saulosi
Cynotilapia afra (cobue or mbweca)
Pseudotropheus daktari
Pseudotropheus demasoni
Pseudotropheus msobo

My favorite is the Saulosi. Great fish to have. Males turn a beautiful blue with black stipes and the females stay a golden yellow. Fun fish to watch and are not too aggressive. I used to have an 75 gallon saulosi species tank with 3 males and 12 females. One of my favorite tanks.

Rusties are nice fish as well. You pretty much can keep most of the mbuna species in that tank if you keep the male to female ratio (1M, 3-4F) No more than 2 or 3 species however. And stay away from the very aggressive mbuna.

A nice setup would be Saulosi (1M, 4F), Rusties (1M, 4F) and maybe 3-5 Acei (male to female ratio doesnt matter too much with these) This setup will give you some blue,yellow,purple, and rust colors.

Back
Top Bottom