Cichlids butting on angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuart Swindell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my baby cichlids which are maybe less than an inch are biting or nibbling on my angelfish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456247408.612194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The angel isn't a fighter I feel like he is dying he is just at he bottom looking up at a roughly 60degree angle

Try rehoming the Angel and let him get his strength. If he keeps getting picked on and he isn't healthy he may just give up and die. Are any of his fin torn/bitten?

Keep calm and rock on

Well I rescued him so most of them where bitten but that was 2months ago

I put him in the net in the aquarium so it's inside the aquarium but safe

Angels are one of the fish I have little experience with but if his fins are healthy and not torn up and he's still acting strange try changing up his diet like try feeding bloodworms or brine shrimp(assuming he gets primarily flakes) if his diet is changed from the norm he may perk up a bit

Keep calm and rock on

You have semi-aggressive Malawi Mbuna in with tetras and Angels. This is a bad mix. I'd recommend researching the fish you have, and removing any Mbuna species, such as the yellow lab.

You have semi-aggressive Malawi Mbuna in with tetras and Angels. This is a bad mix. I'd recommend researching the fish you have, and removing any Mbuna species, such as the yellow lab.

I Agree it's not the angel that is causing the issue! I would rehome or get a separate tank for all of the baby cichlids!

Yea mbunas are agrsssive think ur is a yellow lab one of the less aggessive mbuna but not a community fish at all

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know never let your mum buy fish which she thinks looks good ahha and they are still babies once they start growing I'll find an adoptive house I guess

So you're having issues now with aggression, but you're gonna wait to rehome the aggressive fish until they grow a bit larger? That makes no sense. Why put your other fish through that stress, and now death even?

No I have no issues with aggression for some reason they started attacking only the angelfish but they aren't attacking the rest of the fish

No I have no issues with aggression for some reason they started attacking only the angelfish but they aren't attacking the rest of the fish

.....that's aggression.....

Yeah I know but the Angel fish died for some reason I think he was sick and then the cichlids where poking him

Sorry the cichlids where attacking him while he was sick don't know why maybe they knew he wasn't going to make it

Hmmmm what other fish do u have in the tank

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Guppies scissor tail tetras baby cichlids clown loach and dwarf gourami and black tetras skirts

Back
Top Bottom