Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need you guys help again please..
My ammonia reading was 0.25 yesterday so I did a big pwc (maybe about 40-50%). I tested again and it was the same so I took another 25% out. I decided to leave it overnight. I tested again and ammonia is between 0.25 and 0.50!!! What's going on?
Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10.
There is no uneaten food, dead fish, rotten plants or poop on sand .. Very confused

I need you guys help again please..
My ammonia reading was 0.25 yesterday so I did a big pwc (maybe about 40-50%). I tested again and it was the same so I took another 25% out. I decided to leave it overnight. I tested again and ammonia is between 0.25 and 0.50!!! What's going on?
Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10.
There is no uneaten food, dead fish, rotten plants or poop on sand .. Very confused
what are you testing with?if its test strips,there useless,get an api freshwater master test kit.

I'm using the api ammonia testing kit. The fish all look and act ok so will do another pwc tomorrow and test again.

Update
Did another 50% pwc just now as the ammonia was up to between 0.5 and 1.00. Nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are 10.
The fish all seem healthy and no obvious problems. I'm not overfeeding the fish and there are no dead fish, uneaten food or plants lying around so I'm kinda stuck for ideas on why it's happening.
Any help would be appreciated x

It's been running with fish in it for about a month and I thought it was cycled as readings were all good and stable for 2 weeks prior to that.

did you recently change filter media or accidentally rinse in tap water?

If you rinse you filter in PWC water, then fill up filter to get it going again with tap water and your tap water tested 0/0/0...will that hurt the bacteria?

it could because of the chlorine in your water kills bacteria and that's the stuff you need

I haven't rinsed anything in tap water and i have only put water back into the tank once I have treated it with prime beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom