Clean up crew for my 10 gallon tropical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I Have
2 bloodfin tetras
5 neon tetras
A mystery snail
3 red cherry shrimp

I'd like to have a bigger clean up crew... Any ideas for additions?

jetajockey said:
You don't really have a lot of options in that size tank, if anything maybe a few more shrimp.

Ok, I'll probably get 5 ghost shrimp... Will they coexist with my red cherry shrimp??

Ok, I'll probably get 5 ghost shrimp... Will they coexist with my red cherry shrimp??

The problem with Ghost shrimp is that there are a few different species -- completely different animals -- that are sold as "Ghost shrimp", and some are very peaceful and some are not at all peaceful and will hunt, kill and eat small tankmates including small fish.

Maybe more red cherry shrimp?

Maybe a nerite to eat algea? But make sure it has enough algea or it may starve to death.

I've had vad experiences with ghost shrimp. The "actual" ghost shrimp attacked my fish after a while. Ghost shrimp that were sold to me that ended up actually being Whisker shrimp (petco) were downright terrible and hunted my full grown platties. And were successful.

Red cherries are great on the other hand! Cute and small and females are bright red. I love them. You can also try different color morphs such as blue pearl or snowball shrimp. Make sure you dont mix these shrimp together

Back
Top Bottom