clean up crews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys, for my 6 gallon eclipse system would you guys reccomend fiddler crabs, bottom dwelling fish, or snails to clean up all the S#$% on the bottom of my tank? i think the fiddler crabs look sick and i def want one or two if you guys think theyre alright.

Refresh my memory on what's in the tank already, but shrimp would probably be the best choice.

When you say they look "sick" I am assuming you mean they are appealing to you? I don't blame you, but they are carnivores and require a structure to get out of the water, so they might not be the best choice for the 6gal Bikini Bottom.

Crabs, lobsters and crayfish are not the best choices for a tank with fish. Cory cats or snails will work. Excess food will definitely be eaten but keep in mind, no fish will eat other animal's waste. Snails will, but they produce waste of their own. They only way to get rid of crud is gravel vacuuming.

the crabs will need some 'land' spaces, and I see your tank is filled with water.
Nice pineapple! I just saw those spongebob squarepants things in the store and they're too expensive for me :(

i got a crab and he has the top of my filter to get on top of when he needs to. hes awsome and hes eating EVERYTHING! thanks for the help guys, i just couldn't help not buying the crab. hes awsome!

For future reference, the best scavenger I ever head was a bullhead, he was bulletproof and ate everything. He really wasn't interested in live food unless he snuck up on them or they were sick. For the most part, he loved garbage, the more you had the happier he was!

Back
Top Bottom