cleaner fish for 150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got my tank up and running. It's all decorated and has fish in it. Everything looks fine. But now I have a quick question.

I've got an adult Redtail tinfoil barb, 2 oscars, and 2 parrots in the tank right now. The Oscars eat just about anything smaller than them...So what kind of cleaners should I get?

I like the bronze and albino catfish...but I'm almost positive they will get eaten. Is there any other large fish besides plecos that would suit my application?

If not, should I go ahead and get a pair of plecos? (about 4-5" long to start off with)

2070368_163_full.jpg

2070368_164_full.jpg

how big are your oscars? they usually wont mess with any catfish becasue of the whiskers/barbs.

plecos make alot of waste themselves. a school of adult corys ftw!

If the oscar does try to eat a cory though, it could mean the death of both. The cory's barbs will make it get stuck in the oscar's throat and could kill the oscar. If you think it may get eaten, don't put it in the tank. Plecos will sometimes eat uneaten food but are messy as well, as chotie said. I'd just do regular gravel vacs instead of adding more fish to the tank.

Raphael/talking catfish are an excellent choice....good-sized, and not much messes with them as they are super heavily armoured, and have pricky-bits all over them.

Back
Top Bottom