Cleaning a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Have a dusty tank that I would like to clean out and make sure there are no bacteria or anything harmful to my fish when I use the tank,
It's a few years old been in storage for over a year. Not extremely dirty but I guess would it be ok to just like use water and like a magic eraser to clean it and just let the water dry out and chlorine evaporate. Or should I use a chemicle that will evaporate to clean it?
Thanks in advance

Hi yes i would just give the tank a good rinse and let it fully dry out and possibly fill it up and leave a few days just to make sure it doesn't leak prior to using the tank(y) Also may i ask what are your plans for the tank are?:)

I think I'm going to change the tank my fish are currently in to it and maybe add another fish or two.
I really want to get another red tailed shark
I tried to have one whn I started but I didn't know what I was doing and he died :(.

Then maybe I'll use the 5.5 tank I have and set up a small glow fish tank. That would be cool :)

Back
Top Bottom