Cleaning a Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nerdelish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,

I try to give my tanks a good scrub with my mag float and an aquarium dedicated sponge once a week. Usually this does the trick of staving off any algae build up on the glass.

However, today I noticed that the corners of my tank have a green line near the silicone. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning this? I know some people use razor blades but I am sort of a klutz and worried about a) cutting myself and b) hurting my silicone seal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi everyone,

I try to give my tanks a good scrub with my mag float and an aquarium dedicated sponge once a week. Usually this does the trick of staving off any algae build up on the glass.

However, today I noticed that the corners of my tank have a green line near the silicone. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning this? I know some people use razor blades but I am sort of a klutz and worried about a) cutting myself and b) hurting my silicone seal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I always just use my fingertip for any of the corners or anything that close to the silicone.

Back
Top Bottom