Cleaning Decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calikenny

Aquarium Advice Regular
Lets say I put a random dollar store piece in my tank. How would you clean it before putting it in your tank?:fish2:

I just rinse my stuff off well in running tap water. Used plants and nets and decor i stick in the dishwasher. Top rack. Most is surprisingly sturdy, and if it comes apart in there I prob don't want it in my tank anyway

Charlie, thanks for the info. I will try the top rack dishwasher next time. I am doing holiday themes in my tank that I have now. Like right now I have St. Patties Day stuff in there. I was thinking that stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels would have some good stuff too. I hit all the Dollar type stores in my area. I didn't find much.

Oh, that's cool! We've put in stuff , and still have it in there, from dollar store etc. Most resin or plastic things are no different than junk you buy over priced at the fish store

Haha! Right! I think driftwood is the worst. We go to the beach and get ours if we want some. In the stores it's like $75 for a decent sized piece. Rock and substrate is next

I've found cool things in gift shops, especially tourist gift emporiums. And also the gift shop in the big aquarium downtown (kid's section) and museum gift shops. From these places I have a rotating stock of resin beach chairs, Parrot reading a book in a hammock, alligators, a tiny TV (love it, fish swims up to check it out and I say "Don't sit so close to the TV, you'll ruin your eyes").

Places online that sell dollhouse miniatures are a great resource. Many resin things in varying sizes - you could make a 3-story home for fish, completely furnished like a human's.

Back
Top Bottom