cleaning decoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyrules

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started a couple of days ago cleaning my aquarium decorations as they tend to get brown with algae and crap over time. Normally i use a cap full or two of javex in a bucket of water. does the job great and i rince the thoroughly after. But i'm getting to the rock now and i was wondering if the idea was the same. I was wondering that because rock can tend to absorb so would it be a bad idea to was the the same way as the rest ?

No chemical should be necessary normally. A good scrubbing normally takes care of things. I'm not sure what Javex is that you are referring to there. One thing you may want to do is dip in a 1/5 solution of Excel and dechlorinated water. It will help kill off algae.

muscle it out the traditional way before all those fancy chemicals. soem hot water, some soaking time and an old tooth brsu hworks liek a charm! lol

It's the stuff you use to clean with clothes. You put that in the washing machine... some kind of detergent used to desinfect and sometimes clean... anyway i`ve always used this technique without side effects. But you have to rince your decoration thoroughly. I'll try brushing my rocks.

Back
Top Bottom