Cleaning Gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noelllll

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey just a quick question, how do you clean the gravel in your tank if there are rocks and fake plants everywhere. The siphon is too big to reach around them all so I could only get to 1 or 2 parts of the tank. Any ideas on how to clean it a bit better?

Just move stuff around or temporarily take it out of the tank. That's actually one advantage I wish I had. I can't move much of anything in my tanks without making a royal mess.

David

Just move stuff around or temporarily take it out of the tank. That's actually one advantage I wish I had. I can't move much of anything in my tanks without making a royal mess.

David

Hm okay thanks. That won't bother the fish or anything? It's only a 10g tank so they don't have much room to get away.

Nope. But you obviously don't want to hit your fish in the head with a rock, nor do you want to pin it down when putting the rock back in. Use due diligence. :)

David

Nothing should bother the fish, just stress them a bit. I wish I could move around my decor but sadly, its a planted tank with heavy rocks and driftwood lol. I just bought a small >5 gal vacuum to get in the smaller areas, rather than using my huge 60g vacuum.

Back
Top Bottom