Cleaning Python (Mildew)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah...well I'll get right on that whip video. I'd like to see some of you all try it!!!

On a serious note, I know you can buy replacement tubing and if you shop around the cost is not too prohibitive (been reading the dictionary today). Lol!!!

all ya have to do is buy a hose brush, its a simple round brush head ona string you pull through hoses to clean them, what I did was cut the short string that came on it off and attached apiece of havy duty weed eater line to it lol works great!!!

Tried to rub it off near the open end of the hose with very poor results.
I'm guessing the brush wouildn't work for me.

I wonder if the mildew is cuz of my well water.

I can't imagine putting a string through 75' of hose. Just doesn't seem all that logical but eh, if it works for you.

lol My husband hangs ours out the third story window on a clip so the water drains. I just roll the thing up but when he does changes that's how he dries it.

Lol...well, you can't swing the whole 75 ft. around! I'd prolly put a neighbor's eye out!!! Plus there is the weight and balance factor. It's just a good way to get some frustrations out!!!

I may try what you guys do, Fishyfanatic. We have a two story and on the days it's raining (which is bound to happen on rare occasions in Wasington state) I can do that instead. Considering I have three small kids the neighbor's may think I am making a run for the border...:)

real hot water works also it kills the mildew had some in mine and super hot water killed it makes the hose real spongy so i just rub the stop the mildew is in and it gos away nice and clear again

Got mine clean!

My python was very gray with mildew/ mold/ unknown ick. I got my big home depot bucket and put about a 1/3 of a bottle of bleach and then water to the top in it. Then, I put in the python, making sure it filled with water as best I could. There it soaked for 24 hours! Now, it is way cleaner! Woohoo! I had thought it wouldn't work, or would sterilize but not remove the ick. Totally cleaned! Fred the turtle is so pleased. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom