Cleaning Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlasting

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased a Python syphon to clean my aquarium, I used it once and put it into the tub to let the rest of the water drain. I forgot it and the next day my bf took a shower and left it IN the bath tub :confused: So now it's been covered in soap, ack. What should i use to clean it to ensure it's safe to use again in my aquarium?

Just run water thru it, and clean off the outside with water and a towel?

Soap residues can be deadly to fish .... It is difficult to generalize on how much rinsing you would need to get rid of all traces of soap. But certainly I would err on side of caution & run LOTS of water through it.

Soap residues can be deadly to fish .... It is difficult to generalize on how much rinsing you would need to get rid of all traces of soap. But certainly I would err on side of caution & run LOTS of water through it.

I know that's why I was concerned about using it at all, I just wasn't sure if I should use it at all, but a $50 tube being ruined after it's first use would certainly be annoying. Why on earth would someone leave something in the shower like that intead of moving it? :(

Could you also let it soak with a few new carbon filter inserts?

I think you'll be OK here--it's just going to be more disconcerting for you than anything. As long as you rinse it thoroughly and be cautious about deeming it clean, you'll be fine. But I know myself that if anything comes near my tank, I tend to assume the worst and find it rougher on me than the fish :)

I think you should break up with your boyfriend :) No seriously, just rinse it out well.

The boyfirend was smart not to move it from a relationship point of view. We ussually get in a lot of **** for moving something that is not ours.

Back
Top Bottom