Cleaning tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have an old time metal 20 gal stand. I have of course a 20 gal tank on top. I also have a 10 gal on the bottom. It is the bottom tank I have a problem to clean. I do water changes 7-10 days. But it is cleaning the substrate that has me concerned. I bought a small siphon bottom cleaner. But the siphon doesn't doesn't start be cause of the angle of the hose and the bucket. I tried cleaning with just the hose. But a siphon never starts. there is mulm on the bottom that would be nice to clean up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 10-20.jpg
    10-20.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20-10.jpg
    20-10.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 30
Try using a longer hose and running the water out the door. If that's not feasible, use a turkey baster to remove the mulm.

Please take that plant out of the little plastic container it came in when you bought it. The roots will still be bedded in the rockwool and it wont do it any good. If you want to keep it in a pot rather than planting in the substrate, then put some substrate in a plastic or terracotta plant pot, carefully remove the rockwool from the roots and plant in the pot.

Back
Top Bottom