cleaning water test kit tubes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catalina

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have one more question for now. i was wondering how you guys clean the little tubes that come with water testing kits. i never actually put them in my tank water, since i don't want to risk any of the chemicals getting into the water. i just take a cup of water out of the tank and pour it in the tubes. but all i have been doing when i am finished is rinsing the tubes thoroughly with warm water. is this enough? i don't want a much more extensive cleaning regimen, since right now i am doing water tests daily. but should i be doing something different?

I do the same, rinse under warm running water then air dry 'til next use which is only 3 days after. I place a towel over top so they don't get anything on them too.

If I am not going to be testing for a while I store them in a plastic container (old chinese take away type).

Louise :D

wow, i just gave you some kudos, but then i realized it took my kudos away. i've been giving people kudos for helping me, but maybe that's not what you're supposed to do? errrr, i'm slow.

I had one that was really grungy from neglect, so I boiled it for 5 min in a 1:4 vinegar - water solution ... cleaned up all the hard-water deposits that had collected

then after it cooled a bit, a rinse in hot water and a violent shake to dry ;)

Back
Top Bottom