close calls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi. I'm 36 now. My mom kept oscars for the longest when I was young, later moved on to africans. I lost her 15+ years ago to breast cancer and now the hobby runs in me too I guess, makes me feel close to her. =) So, I can still remember many years ago sometimes when it rained her sending me out to get earthworms for her large tiger O's. One day one of them got excited and scooped up the common pleco! It was stuck in the O's throat. I watched her take him in the kitchen, lay him on a towel, don't remember what she used out of the drawer.. couple minutes later she put them both back in the tank.. easy as pie lol they both were fine

I would love to hear any stories you have like this

Thanks,
Haley

Hi. I'm 36 now. My mom kept oscars for the longest when I was young, later moved on to africans. I lost her 15+ years ago to breast cancer and now the hobby runs in me too I guess, makes me feel close to her. =) So, I can still remember many years ago sometimes when it rained her sending me out to get earthworms for her large tiger O's. One day one of them got excited and scooped up the common pleco! It was stuck in the O's throat. I watched her take him in the kitchen, lay him on a towel, don't remember what she used out of the drawer.. couple minutes later she put them both back in the tank.. easy as pie lol they both were fine

I would love to hear any stories you have like this

Thanks,
Haley

That's lovely memories of your mum :)
That is one greedy Oscar lol

Back
Top Bottom