Cloudy: From White to Green...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sly_Fra

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

many of you know my story, but here it is in short.

Yeast from my DIY CO2 went in the tank. It was was cloudy ans awful smell for a few days, until (after several cleaning and water changes) the bacteria took over. Ammonia increased, but the cloudiness was such that I didn't even see an inch in the tank.

After consulting with this forum, I decided to only be patient (+ regular pwc). And in the middle of last week, 5-4 days after the total whiteness, it was I would say 85-90 % clear. Still some fog, but almost gone.

Then I had to leave for 2 days, and when I came back, last friday, the fog had creapt back in, barely seeing the back wall of the 33Gal tank.

But this time there is a definite faint green tint to the water. Parameters are all in check, no ammonia, nitrites, nitrates. I guess the white fog blocked too much light for the plants, and something else took advantage of the nutrients...

What do I do now...?

All my fluorescents are less than 6 months old, no direct sunlight. CO2 reactor has been stopped since the incident.

Thanks guys,

Back
Top Bottom