Cloudy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added some new gravel to my tank and now its cloudy. I guess I didn't rinse it enough. Will it harm my fish? What, if anything, should I do?:banghead:

I'm not positive, but I don't think it will harm the fish. Water changes might help clear it it up, otherwise the filter should take care of it soon.

Just give it time. It should clear up within 24hrs. If not i would do a PWC. If that doesn't work there are chemicals that you can use to help clear up the water. But i would just wait for a day to see what it does.

it depends on where the gravel was from
if it is store packaged like coral life products you buy at petsmart/petco it will be fine.
in the package sometimes they include a small packet of water clarifier, use it.

if its an independent shop and they use bulk gravel that has not been prerinsed your fish can get fungus infections.
if it is just a little cloudy, dont worry about it for a day or so but go ahead and change 25% of the water now.
if you see any leaves or sticks in your substrate you need to take the fish out now and completely clean the gravel or they most likely will get a serious infection.

Cloudy Water

it depends on where the gravel was from
if it is store packaged like coral life products you buy at petsmart/petco it will be fine.
in the package sometimes they include a small packet of water clarifier, use it.

if its an independent shop and they use bulk gravel that has not been prerinsed your fish can get fungus infections.
if it is just a little cloudy, dont worry about it for a day or so but go ahead and change 25% of the water now.
if you see any leaves or sticks in your substrate you need to take the fish out now and completely clean the gravel or they most likely will get a serious infection.

I bought it at Petco. I just did a pwc this morning before I put the gravel in. I'll see how it is tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom