Cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

its_kay_10

Aquarium Advice Regular
We set up a 10g glofish tank Saturday, I put a new tank water care kit, it has a water conditioner (which has bacteria) and a water maintenance. Woke up this morning and the tank is cloudy. There's no fish in it yet we were gonna get fish this weekend. Why is my tank cloudy and what can I do about it?

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here is the tank, we are waiting for ornaments from amazon.

Attachments

• 1440430237513.jpg
    1440430237513.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 58
It is probably going to clear up after a couple of days. Don't add any chemicals to the water. If anything do a small water change. Also you might want to raise the water level in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you, I'll let it sit for a few days. I will add water too, thank you.

So me email said I had a reply but I dont see it here but I will answer it, yes I rinsed the gravel and the plants before putting them in the tank. I am trying to cycle it, I found something that has bacteria in it and used that I will be getting a testing kit soon so I can test the water before we get fish.

Bacteria supplements don't always work. I myself don't have faith in them. "Letting the tank sit" doesn't do anything but your tank sitting there doing nothing lol. I remember when the pet store told me that one...

You need to choose between fishless and fish in cycling. Fish-in you get the satisfaction of having fish sooner but it's much more work through water changes to keep them safe. Fishless you have an empty tank for a while but there's no work involved aside from adding your ammonia source.

Caleb

Bacteria supplements don't always work. I myself don't have faith in them. "Letting the tank sit" doesn't do anything but your tank sitting there doing nothing lol. I remember when the pet store told me that one...

You need to choose between fishless and fish in cycling. Fish-in you get the satisfaction of having fish sooner but it's much more work through water changes to keep them safe. Fishless you have an empty tank for a while but there's no work involved aside from adding your ammonia source.

Caleb

That's why I wanted to check the water before adding the fish to it. If it doesn't work then we will be doing a fish in cycle. 50% PWC everyday. We still need to get some things we decided to wait a week to teach our 5 year old the rules of the tank as well as seeing if the bacteria that I added to it will work.

That's why I wanted to check the water before adding the fish to it. If it doesn't work then we will be doing a fish in cycle. 50% PWC everyday. We still need to get some things we decided to wait a week to teach our 5 year old the rules of the tank as well as seeing if the bacteria that I added to it will work.

Even if it works, I can't say I've ever seen a bacteria supplement complete a cycle on its own. Unless of course you want to dump like 6 bottles in and wish for the best.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom