Cloudy tank... HELP.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bfred13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 tanks, and this one is my only issue. It's a beta tank, 10 gallon with heater and filter. It's forever cloudy and nothing I do helps for more than a day. My other 2 are crystal clear, why is this happening and how can I fix it?!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1472720353565.jpg
    1472720353565.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi, what's the parameters on this tank? How long has it been running for? If it's a new tank it could be going through a bacteria bloom which is perfectly normal and will clear up its self.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

It may be going through the nitrogen cycle, if it wasn't done before you added the fish, if it was not done do 25% water changes a day temperature matched water with prime water conditioner if you have access to prime, if not get the best one for where you live,.

What are the
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Readings

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Seems to me like it may be a bacterial bloom. Nothing to worry about. This is a good thing. This beneficial bacteria is part of cycling. They're responsible for the conversion of ammonia (from fish urine) to nitrites, then nitrates. This clears up on its own in a matter of days. Usually takes 3-5 days for my tanks.

Hope this helps!

My levels are good and it's been set up for about a month. But I also have a 38 gallon and a 5 gallon and I have never had this much trouble with either one. I do use prime also.

These are my other 2 tanks.

Attachments

• 1472767373880.jpg
    1472767373880.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 1472767386127.jpg
    1472767386127.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 67
Good does not Answer, anything anything over 0 ammonia , 0 nitrite isn't good, the second pic looks cloudy as well, what type of filter do you have and is is 3 part or cartridge? Do you run carbon it could just be not enough over turn to keep up
e6da620143c317570c1954c6e3152d2d.jpg

The 2nd ones isn't cloudy, it's the bubbles from my volcano. It's just a regular carbon filter in the 10 gallon. I have the bio wheel in the big one.

Okay is it a single wheel or double, i hate Marineland, what model

I always over filter, on my 30 I have a penguin for a 20 gallon and an aqua clear 50, on my big tank I have an aqua clear 110, and an aqua clear 70

If your ammonia /Nitrite is good testing with a Liquid test kit, with it never clearing up i wouldn't say bacterial Bloom they clear up after a few days at most a week

Could it be particular matter that is not precipitating out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's my 30 still working on it
5ec7d5a7014fa68da9cab60181967372.jpg

Last edited:
This has been cloudy for well over a week. This fish is still good but it's driving me mad. Yes everything tested 0 with my test kit.

What filter bud so i can do the math on the turnover, what model bio wheel

The bio wheel is my big tank. The cloudy mess is an aqueon quiet flow 10, which is rated for up to 20 gallons.

Yeah i would get a better filter like a Marineland for a 20 gallon or a aqua clear

It's a 10 gallon tank.

Cartridge filters are junk in my opinion, you're not washing the cartridge off when you do water changes right

Back
Top Bottom