cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahollland92690

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so my aquarium is always cloudy!!! :mad: it did have alot of ammonia, so iv been doing alot of pwc...which makes my water really clear and pretty and ammonia free...but the next day when i wake up my water is cloudy and u can just barley see to the back of the tank....any body think of a reason why my tank is so cloudy?

You're most likely experiencing a bacteria bloom. This happens when the bacteria multiply so fast they become free floating in the water column until finding a place to attatch. From your explanation regarding the ammonia in the tank, your tank is not cycled. When your tank finishes cycling, the cloudiness will go away. You still need to keep doing water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrites down while you cycle if you have fish or inverts in the tank. My goal is to keep the ammonia and trites down to .25 or below while fishy cycling.

ok, ya its gotten worse throughout the day i got home and i can barley see any thing in the tank. ill do a water change tomro...how will i know my tank is done cycling?

You should do a pwc right now. If your ammonia is up, your fish won't do too well. Ammonia burns their gills and if you don't take care of it, they will have problems forever. You will know your tank is done cycling when you get no ammonia or nitrite readings.

Back
Top Bottom