cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi again,
my violet gobi has all healed up and is thriving. He has gone from bare floor to sand now, and I have added 1 snail. I am still having problems with cloudy water and white slime on the glass. Any suggestions?

when did u add the sand? and did you rinse it really really well? cause that could be the cause of the cloudy water

My water is a tad cloudy today too with my Beta. I'm gonna give it a few more days to clear up then add something if need be. Readings are all good.

I did a partial water change so I could vacume the bottom of the tank. Yes I rinsed the sand very well, and added it before I added the new water. All readings are good, and gobi is happily digging..but the water is still cloudy and still have white film on glass.

filter aid for freshwater tank

I have used this product for years and love it. It has been discontinued. What does anyone suggest as a replacement. This is the only one I ever found that you use behind your filter bags instead of in the water. Product was Filter Aid made by Meridian Industries. No luck on internet, ebay, amazon to find it any longer. Please advise.
Thnx

Ixneh on the cloudy..the tank has stabilized and after doing a gentle scrubbing of the glass is no longer cloudy...whew! thought I had done something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom