Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vondutch68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I added some ph 7.0 additive to my 55 gallon tank last night and this morning my water is really cloudy and the fish are sluggish. It's a community tank. I am going to do a water change after work. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Cloudy Tank Water

So I added some ph 7.0 additive to my 55 gallon tank last night and this morning my water is really cloudy and the fish are sluggish. It's a community tank. I am going to do a water change after work. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Hello Von...

Chemicals put into the tank water is rarely a good idea. Even those that are advertised as good for the water. Unless your plan is to keep and breed rare fish, you don't need to worry about the chemistry of your tap water. The fish will adapt. All you need to do is remove and replace half the water every week or two to maintain healthy water conditions for the plants and fish.

You can add a good poly fiber padding to the filter. Acurel has an excellent product. The thick padding will attract and hold floating particles in the water that can make it hazy.

B

Thanks, just getting back into tropical fish and it was clearly a nube mistake. Thanks for the advise!!

I would also suggest using Seachem Prime to dechlorinate your water. If you're not already. I had clouding issues for a period of a few years using the Big Al's conditioner until I switched to Prime

Back
Top Bottom