Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkinksa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last Saturday I used Nutrafin waste control bio aqua cleaner, and after 24 hours I found my tank was cloudy. I am in confusion whether it was due to nutrafin waste control. I put only 5ml as per the instructions. Please advise.
Thanks

How familiar are you with the nitrogen cycle? There are some good articles available on here to help you out. I don't know about the product but if this is one of the many "cycling" products available on the market it may potentially be a bacteria bloom which is completely normal when cycling a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advise I will look into the forums as suggested by you.

I am a basic hobbiest although I have fish tank from 2 years my knowledge is average. Recently I have started using 60 litre tank.

I am a basic hobbiest although I have fish tank from 2 years my knowledge is average. Recently I have started using 60 litre tank.

What over details can you give us on your tank? Are there any fish in it yet?
I know it seems big but 60 liters isn't a large amount and does limit your available stocking. What sort of fish are you interested in keeping?

Sir,
I have medium and small fishes
1 angel
2 silver dollar
2 cat fish - black
5 Koi
Other very small fish 4 I don't know their names

It's good you came here and asked questions. Now comes the hard part where we tell you those fish are too big for the tank and aren't compatible with each other. Also, that putting cleaning stuff may do more harm than good - changing half the water out frequently is more important.

As I understand koi shouldn't be in that small a tank even temporarily. Angel fish need bigger tanks too. You also have mixed warm water and cold water species.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

It is just the sludge busters you added getting to work and will clear up on it's own. You can speed it up with water changes.

I agree with Trenna 100%. A 60 liter tank is tiny, especially since some of those fish will get bigger than the entire tank. I would highly recommend rehoming all of the fish you listed and starting fresh with appropriately sized fish.

Minimum tank sizes for the listed fish:
Angel - 120L
Silver Dollar - 120L
Koi - 1,200L (Even this is only a short term solution such as during the winter. They really need a large pond around 4,000L in size)
Black catfish (I will assume these are bristlenose cats although the common plecos need 4x the space) - 120L

To be clear, we aren't trying to be mean or condescending ... Many of us started with the best of intentions and came here with troubled tanks that had to be completely revamped.

(After a dozen short lived bettas, it's been 18 months since my last well-intended fish mishap, thanks largely to the people here!!)

To be clear, we aren't trying to be mean or condescending ... Many of us started with the best of intentions and came here with troubled tanks that had to be completely revamped.

(After a dozen short lived bettas, it's been 18 months since my last well-intended fish mishap, thanks largely to the people here!!)

I agree completely. We are here to help and have all gone through this stage. Two years ago I still kept cherry barbs and harlequin rasboras in a 5 gallon tank even though they really needed larger schools and a larger volume of water.... We learn from our misadventures it's all part of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom