cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had two goldfish in a 29 gallon for a year and every thing has been normal. I moved and took about seven gallons to the new place. I tested every thing and it couldn't be better. I have a water softener in this new place and that's the only thing I can think might be causing this. Last week I took out around ten gallons and new filter and it never cleared up. I put in the stuff for new tanks that removes heavy metals etc. Today I completely drained it but didn't clean the gravel and so far it's still clear. What can I do to improve this water? My salt water tank is crystal clear. I've been doing this (fish) for eight years and never had this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
what can I do about it?Even when I wash my car it leaves spots and windshield is cloudy.

Have you tested a glass of water from the tap for ph, gh and kh? Was also wondering if the glass of water is clear or cloudy to see where the problem is coming from ie in the tank or water company. Here we can get water reports off the water company website.

I tested my water and it is fine ph is 70 and gh and ph are 180..

That all sounds good.

With the new filter - was it replacing all media? Generally I've seen bacterial blooms go within a week as the tank settles down.

You can cut back feeding, lower temp, do more Partial water changes or if it is within your pocketbook or your cup of tea you could try a UV stearilizer.

Back
Top Bottom