cloudy water after cleaning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiddomagic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
alright, so when i always do water changes/cleanings, the water would ALWAYS turn cloudy. but then in a few hours or so, it goes away.
how come it does this?
isnt the water supposed to turn clear as soon as you place new water in?
:oops:

:nono:How much water are your changing and what's your water source?
Sounds like in your case it may be micro air bubbles ... which dissipate later on.

Not sure what else could cause temporary cloudiness like you described, other thank introducing fresh nutrients, minerals and ions into your tank.

Hopefully someone else can clarify.

i only change about 20%
i did a water change yesterday and when i turned my aquarium light back on, it was cloudy.
but then about 2-3 hours later, it was crystal clear. :D

its tap, but i always use stress coat with dechlorinator <-- (spelled right?)
my fish usually dont die, and are pretty healthy.

Ok ... de-chlorinator was my next ??? You said your fish usually don't die. How old is your tank? Is your tank cycled? Do you know your ammo, nitrites and nitrates numbers?

Generally ... cloudiness after a PWC is due to a bacterial bloom ... like a mini cycle sometime happens when someone does a PWC or cleans the filter with chlorinated tap. But I don't think that type of cloudiness would go away in a few hours.

If your tank is cycled / established, then I'm thinking micro air bubbles that just dissipate. Funny enough, there's another thread going on right now about the same issue .. cloudy water after a PWC.

Anyone else have a thought?

lol lot of questions xD
well, my tank is ABOUT to turn 1 year old in like... this october/november..?
yes, my tank was cycled, by the fishless cycle.

I have the same problem and for me it is the bubbles in my tap water. I seem to have a great at home study of power filter vs canister but both tanks do the same thing at PWC time. Hopefully it's that.

I have the same issue and it seems to be due to the new water stirring up stuff from the gravel and decorations.

Ok ... instead of asking I'm assuming you have not added anything new ... flourish, pH stabilizer, substrate, fish .. etc etc recently into your tank?

If not:nono:, IMO It's with your tap... maybe your town / city added something? If your fish are healthy and your numbers are good .. sounds like your ok.

I had this happen when I changed water in my tanks. I started doing two things. 1. Take the aerator off your faucet when doing PWC (this will elimate a huge amount of air in the water) 2. When pouring the water into the tank don't pour right in, this disturbs the bottom and cause a possible stir up to cloud water, pour onto clean paper or float a plastic plate so water "spreads" over surface. Hope this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom