Cloudy water and my test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turbovr6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone,

Well it has been about 2 months since my old tank sprung a leak and I had to transfer all my fish to a new tank. For the past 2 weeks I have been dealing with "cloudy water syndrome" and I need to know what I can do, and if this condition is harmful to my fish.

55gal tank with emperor 400 dual biowheel filter. 4 gourami, 5 clown loaches, and a sailfin pleco.

I have been doing 50% waterchanges every 3-4 days for the past 2 months while thos new tank cycles. My problem now is 24hr after a water change the cloudy water starts, and 48 hours later it gets really bad.
I did a water test today 24hr after a 50% water change......

ammonia- 0
nitrites-0 (though does peak at .25 after 2-3 days)
nitrates- 10
PH -7

I'm just worried because in 2 weeks I will be on a buisness trip for 6 days. I have someone to feed the fish, but I can't ask them to do water changes :(

Thanks in advance as allways :)

If worried, your fish can go several days without food. So what I recommend is have that person only feed the fish one time, 3 days after you leave, then you feed when you get back. That will minimize any problems that might occur in your tank.

Also, take a sample to your LFS to verify 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite. It could be possible to have a bad test kit. Cloudy water can be either bacteria bloom or bad water quality.

Back
Top Bottom