Cloudy water help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvela0325

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so Im fairly new to fish keeping and Im having trouble with my tank. I have 3 platys in there and the day after i added them, the tank got cloudy. The man at the fish store told me to leave it alone and that it'll be a few days and it'll clear up, but its been about 2 weeks and the fish are alive, but its really cloudy, like i can't see the back ground. after one week of the cloudiness i did two 25% water changes during the following week and now its still cloudy. the ammonia readings are under .05 ppm, the nitrites are high like about somewhere in-between 5 and 10 ppm. the nitrates are around 20 ppm.

Do you have any ornaments in there? An how long have you been running your set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a few artificial caves (3) and about 5 artificial plants and a bubbler and an external folter

Do a 40% wc everyday until you have 0 am and trites..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did one today, used a water conditioner on my tap water before adding it in and tested water as well prior to addition. I did a 30% water change, now strangely my fish seem to be gasping for air at the surface

Yeah I tested my tap water before putting it in to make sure it was safe

Back
Top Bottom